Chicken Ceylon is a yummy mild curry cooked amid coconut milk. This curry is as easy as they come, and perhaps even your pet chimp might like it.
Ceylon is the name known to a family of curry recipes through the key ingredients being lemon, coconut, and a specific Ceylon curry powder, which categorized it as “hot” on most directs. Its name originates from Ceylon, the earlier name of modern day Sri Lanka.
Total time: 30 mins.
Preparation time: 5 mins.
Cooking time: 25 mins.
Ingredients Of Chicken Ceylon:
- 450g (1 lb) chicken, cubed
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) coconut milk
- 1 bunch curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 onion grated
- 1 tbsp garlic & ginger paste
- 1 dried red chilli, broken into pieces
- ½ tsp salt
Cooking method of Chicken Ceylon:
- Warm the ghee over a average heat and fry the garlic onions and ginger paste, salt, mustard seeds and the chilli pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken & stir-fry for about 4 minutes to brown the meat.
- Put in the coconut milk & curry leaves. Carry to the boil. Cover and boil gently for 20-25 minutes.
- It’s prepared.
Caloric information of Chicken Ceylon:
Per serving 242 g.
- Calories ——————————442
- Total Fat —————————24.9 g ———————-38.3%
- Cholesterol ————————-144.9 mg——————-48.3%
- Saturated Fat ———————–8.4 g ————————42%
- Protein —————————–43.5 g————————87%
- Dietary Fiber ———————–1.1 g————————-4.4%
- Total Carbohydrates —————8.7 g————————2.9%
- Sugars ——————————-3.6 g
- Sodium —————————–1948 mg———————81.2%
- Calcium —————————–8.8%
- Iron ———————————-16.7%
- Vitamin A ————————–7.8%
- Vitamin C —————————5%