Chicken Korma is a very easy, simple and a very yummy South Indian food. Chicken Korma is a lovable dish and a admirable combo used for puri’s and chapttis.
The word “Korma” is derivatived from Urdu ḳormah, meaning “braise”, derivatived in turn from Turkish kavurma accurately meaning “cooked meat”, Chicken Korma has its roots in the Mughlai food of modern-day India as well as Pakistan.
Total time: 35 mins.
Preparation time: 10 mins.
Cooking time: 25 mins.
Ingredients Of Chicken Korma:
- 2 tblsp poppy seeds
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 6 red chillies whole
- 3 tblsp oil
- 1 cup onions
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tblsp coriander seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
Cooking recipe Of Chicken Korma:
- Wash clean and skin the chicken. Cut the chicken into 13-14 pieces.
- Marinate poppy seeds in 1 cup hot water for 10 minutes.
- Mince soaked poppy seeds by de-seeded coriander seeds, red chillies, cumin seeds, green cardamom garlic and scraped coconut.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cutted onions and cook till they are transparent. Add ginger paste and stir for 20 seconds.
- Adjoin chicken pieces and cook on lofty heat for 5 minutes stirring continually. Make sure the chicken doesn’t brown.
- Mix in the ground paste and add 1 cup of water. Add salty and bring to a boil. Decrease heat and add compressed yogurt. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stop with fresh cream.
Caloric information Of Chicken Korma:
- Calories ————————500
- Calories on Fat —————–315
- Carbohydrates —————-6.0g———————-2%
- Protein —————————40.5g
- Total Fat ————————35.0g——————–54%
Read More Article: Breast cancer: Scan younger women at risk, charity says