This Indian chicken bhuna is not only easy to make, but it too tastes fantastic. Enjoy with newly cooked basmati rice and also naan bread, if preferred.
Cheaper than a carry away this delicious chicken bhuna is simple to make which means it is great for a weekend dinner. The solid, medium-hot, sauce prepared from a tasty mix of flavourings and vegetables absolutely coats and greetings the rich meat of chicken thighs.
Total time: 50 mins.
Preparation time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 35 mins.
Ingredients of chicken bhuna recipe :
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, slash into bite-size bits
- 2tsp garam masala
- Clean flat leaf basil or coriander & lemon slices to garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 25g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2tsp ground turmeric
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Steamed basmati rice to serve
Cooking recipe of chicken bhuna recipe :
- Place the garlic, onions, chillies and ginger in a blender. Add 3tbsp whizz & water until you have a textured paste.
- Heat up the oil in a large pan and add the onion paste. Cook over a average heat, stirring for 4 mins then insert the coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala. Cook, stirring habitually for 4 minutes until the paste begins to rotate golden.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and 300ml water. Flavor well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cover and carry up to the boil. Mix in the chicken and lemon juice with re-cover.
- Cook over a standard heat, stirring irregularly for 25 minutes or until the chicken is caring and the paste and tomatoes have shared to make a thick paste (add a slight more water if required during cooking).
- Serve up straight away decorated with parsley or coriander through lemon slices and dish up with steamed basmati rice.
- Calories ———————————–360.6
- Cholesterol ——————————115.8 mg
- Potassium ——————————-776.3 mg
- Total Fat ———————————-8.4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat ——————–1.9 g
- Saturated Fat —————————–2.0 g
- Sodium ————————————736.4 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat ——————-3.7 g
- Total Carbohydrate ——————–38.1 g
- Sugars ————————————–3.8 g
- Protein ————————————-33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber ——————————9.1 g