This is an variation of chicken curry from India. The odors and flavors are a delight to the mind! It is best served amid fresh Naan bread and Jasmine or else Basmati rice.
Chicken curry is a general delicacy in Southeast Asia, South Asia, as well as in the Caribbean. A distinctive Asian curry consists of chicken stewed in a tomato and onion-based sauce, flavoured with garlic, ginger, chillies and a mixture of spices, often counting cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom and so on. Exterior South Asia, chicken curry is frequently made with a pre-made flavor mixture identified as curry powder.
Total time: 40 mins.
Preparation time: 20 mins.
Cooking time: 20 mins.
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 3 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoonwhite sugar
- 2skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cupplain yogurt
- 1/2lemon, juiced
- 1 smallonion, chopped
- 1 teaspoonpaprika
- 1/2 teaspoongrated fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoonscurry powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoontomato paste
- 3/4 cupcoconut milk
- 1/2 teaspooncayenne pepper
Heat up olive oil in a skillet over average heat. Saute onion until calmly browned. Stir in curry powder, garlic, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, sugar, ginger and salt. Continue stirring for 2 – 3 minutes. Add chicken pieces, yogurt, tomato paste and coconut milk. Bring to a heat, reduce heat, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
Take out bay leaf, and stir in lemon juice and also cayenne pepper. Boil 5 more minutes.
- Calories —————————————-247.0
- Cholesterol ———————————–42.0 mg
- Total Fat—————————————-16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber ———————————–4.0 g
- Sodium —————————————–300.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate ————————–11.0 g
- Protein ——————————————13.0 g