Chicken Tikka is a conventional and very fashionable Indian Chicken dish which is satisfied full of flavor & color.
The word ‘Tikka” means pieces, bits or chunks. In this simple to cook dish, chicken lumps are marinated in particular spices & yoghurt and grilled on skewers untill it is brown and tender.
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins.
Preparation time: 30 mins.
Cooking time: 50 mins.
- 1 cup lightly chopped clean coriander leaves
- 2 tbsps ginger paste
- 3 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 cup fresh yoghurt (should not be sour)
- 3-4 tbsps garam masala
- 3 tbsps lime/ lemon juice
- 6 peppercorns/ 2 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp orange food coloring
- 1 kg chicken (breast or thigh) skinless and cut into 2″ chunks
- Lime/ Lemon wedges to garnish
- 1 big onion cut into very lean rings
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Grind the chopped coriander (keep some away for trimmings) and all other immerse ingredients (omitting yoghurt) to a soft paste in a food processor.
- Decant the above mix into a big bowl and add yoghurt. Blend well. Add the chicken pieces and blend well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Let to marinate overnight.
- Fiber the chicken on skewers and carry on ready.
- Preheat your oven otherwise grill to an average high warmth (200 C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6).
- position the skewers on the grill racks in your oven through a tray underneath to grasp drippings. Roast open till the chicken is browned on all parts and tender.
- Take away from skewers and set the chicken in a dish.
- Put the onion rings in a divide bowl and press lime juice over them. Now spray the chaat masala over them and blend well so the onions are entirely coated.
- Decorate the Chicken Tikka through these onion rings and dish up.
Cholesterol ———————–45.0 mg
Total Fat—————————- 6.0 g
Sodium —————————–680.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate ————–32.0 g
Sugars ——————————-4.0 g
Dietary Fiber ———————–3.0 g
Protein ——————————19.0 g